Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Fish Camp 2020 (Dip-Netting) Prep

After the success of prioritizing yesterday, I picked 4/5 must dos from today's list. Walk, Submit paperwork to IDEA, take Millie to the Vet,  run a couple of errands, and hopefully get some snacks baked for our upcoming dip-netting trip.

We ran into a baby moose while walking. The photo didn't turn out and I wasn't getting closer. We were sure Mama was somewhere - but we never saw her.  After Millie and Stacia went home I walked another 3 1/2 miles....I saw a group of wild turkeys...which was fun. Those photos also didn't turn out. LOL

Yes - I DID get everything done. I wrote about Millie's vet in the previous post.

While out we ran by the library and then by a local shop in town which had been recommended for screen printing. I love to shop local.  Krista and Stacia had found a bunch of clearance t-shirts at Joann's. Sizing was limited - but we snatched them up and we'll just make the sizes work. When I went in with my idea for t-shirts Ron said he needed a vector file.  I thought I COULD make it work - but I KNOW SOMEONE who is GOOD at putting together graphics and is much quicker than I. I emailed Rachel in Japan and she put together a graphic. It was just what Ron needed. We love it.

Did you check out the details? A salmon wearing a mask...the words, "If you can read this you're too close".....snort. Alright, I crack myself up. Dip-netting IS combat fishing. There is now way people will NOT invade our 6 foot bubble...but we may as well laugh as we harvest our fish.

I finished  meal planning for the trip.

I baked keto brownies (in other words SUGAR FREE for me) and regular brownies for the rest of the tribe.

I got a call from the local doctor that I've neglected to get labs they wanted me to get over a month ago. Bother. I'll make that a priority tomorrow. I had forgotten they changed my thyroid meds and wanted to check labs in 30 days. 

When we got home from town Krista and Nolan were MOWING....this is a job which takes hours and needs to be done every couple of looks so nice when it's all done.  Of course, that sent me to the garden...and I lost 1 1/2 hours out there.... We've had some rainy days/week...and I didn't weed. The chickweed grew as fast as the squash did....BUT we'll be gone another 5 days so I'm hoping to find time to get out there and weed. Today, I cleared out the squash patch and started on another section.

I found the start of broccoli in the midst of the chickweed.  

Last summer we bought 3 picnic tables. The girls and I painted them turquoise. I love them. When everyone is over it IS nice to have 3 tables in the yard...but when they aren't....we only need one. I have been saying for months that I want a patio table. I envision something like a cafe table...but we had picnic tables sitting down below...and it WOULD be nice to have dinner outside - without having to take everything down the stairs and out to the yard.....I commented again and asked Nolan or Krista to measure and see if it would fit. I wasn't sure we could carry the thing up the steps - they are heavy....but they told me it fit...and before I knew it they enlisted Alex and we ate outside on the deck tonight.
It makes me smile. We'll be able to study, journal, paint rocks (maybe not - grass is easier to clean than the deck) do crafts..... eventually I may move another one to the orchard or out into the many options.  It only two 2 winters for me to realize if we moved the rockers to the end of the deck rather than in front of the windows, they wouldn't blow over and hit the window....Dad likes the faux Adirondack chair. He likes to sit in it and watch the birds and mountain and so I moved it in place's a bit crowded...but I think we're going to like it. Dad said, "Hey, I can eat my bacon and eggs out here!" LOL

No comments: