The kids and I are reading library books, watching documentaries and surfing websites.....here are some of our random discoveries from today:
- It is RUDE to tip in Japan. (De'Etta tips 20%; Mike is thrilled to hear this piece of culture).
- Kim tells me that she pays $4 for 3 apples in Tokyo - but they're bigger than we get here.
- Kim told us that honeydews go for $100 (first she said watermelon and that was truly alarming).
- It is 5,978 miles from Josiah's apartment to Misawa.
- It is 4,487 miles from EBC to Misawa.
- It was 6,915 miles from EBC to Davao City, Philippines.
- This is the first "Homeschooling in Japan" website I found...I haven't a clue what it says but it makes me smile BIG to stare at it. We are very excited for this Asian Adventure!
Oh, oh. Zander just asked Mike, "Dad, will I ever see Everson again after we go to Japan?" I better go...