In a little over a week we will begin the inaugural Asia Region Conference. The pace is a bit frenzied…nevertheless, I find myself in a reflective frame of mind. I’m in awe of the way Abba Father has gently led our leadership team. We’ve been challenged as we established procedures, navigated “natural disasters,” dealt with life changes, we’ve seen God provide every need – we’ve grown closer to our Father.
In this last Presidential Blog of 2009-2011, I bring you “Lessons I’ve Learned as a Regional President.”
14. All women snore; a true friend will comment on your “feminine snore” and offer to room with you at the next event.
13. Even deployments are better when savoring a rich, chocolaty molten lava cake with friends! This pleasure can be enjoyed around the world and is truly board bonding at its best!
12. PWOCI conferences are planned to coincide with the Asian Typhoon Season – plan accordingly.
11. Three minutes of animated Japanese can be translated to three short words, “SIT DOWN IMMEDIATELY."
10. Noise reduction headphones are essential on long flights – and may possibly help with the snoring thing as well.
9. Sisters of the heart are priceless – especially when facing a Korean gate guard.
8. Wear your passport around your neck at all times, you never know when you’ll need it!
7. Apple juice and Airborne are essential tools in fighting jet lag.
6. ALWAYS slide the vacant/occupied lock on airplane bathroom doors. It’s wise to double check this. Seriously.
5. It’s nice to have a friend screaming at your side when you encounter Korean snakes in the dark. Sadly, you may not be able to count on PWOC sisters to race to your rescue.
4. Molten Lava cakes can travel from Tokyo to Seoul on dry ice.
3. Earthquakes, tsunamis, life changes, surprise pcs’…happen. God can be trusted. ALWAYS – even with children whom you can’t get home to. Semper Gumby.
2. It is possible to fervently love women you’ve only met via email.
1. God always provides others to come alongside as you wait on Him for His provision in leadership.
The lessons learned and personal growth in my life as your President has been priceless. Thank you for your gracious acceptance and love.
As we look to the next two years in Asia Region, I am convinced God is calling ladies to step out and experience the adventure of regional leadership . If you suspect you may be one of these ladies, please read the letter from Cathy.....
It’s my heart that we each continue to Love God Wholeheartedly and Love Others Deeply!
Asia Region Rocks!
First shared at pwoc.org on Asia Region's page
Living all of life before the face of God...