This is from Martha Stewart. Mine did not caramelize (I didn't use brown sugar) but it was still good. Vegan Options in ().
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (Earth Balance, Olive Oil)
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth (Veggie Broth)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dark-brown sugar (Rapadura)
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add squash; saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 16 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, the water, and brown sugar; cook until liquid has evaporated and squash is nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Living all of life before the face of God...