My goal in this new week is to turn six cases of Ambrosia apples into 80 quarts of applesauce. I had hoped to start the project last week, but it was simply too busy.
I was off to a good start when I got a call from BreAnne. The kids have had pink eye. Bella developed a "thing" in her eye which I'd never seen with pink eye. The doctor told her to bring her in today. He was surprised and said he had never seen it before either. He referred her to an ophthalmologist.
They were getting her in today - and I was off to watch the other kids. It was fun to see how excited Jojo was to see me. It wasn't too long ago he would scream when we looked at him. ::grin:: While Bre and Bella were gone, we watched a bit of tv, made masks, and handed out candy to Trick or Treaters.
Bella has a bacterial infection in her eye and should be doing well once the meds kick in.
I got home to the welcome discovery Michael had processed a whole case of the apples! He cooked them down, put them through the saucer and got them into jars. When I came home at 7:30 p.m. he was cleaning up. I finished cleaning up and got the jars through the canner. One case down and five to go. We ran out of applesauce in August this year and so we are hoping six cases will take care of that problem in the upcoming year.
FYI 80 quarts of applesauce is amazing. ; )
I'm up to 40 now...I'm hoping I make it to 80. We ran out with 60 a few months early.....Next year I may do it in two runs. LOL
Post a Comment