Sunday, March 14, 2010

Family Update

I'm simply going to post this email....
Another Mass Email:

Thanks for your prayers. Mike is in Philadelphia and can't get a flight out until 8 p.m. Monday night (his time). Details are working out for him to get from SEATTLE to Medford, where Mom Mary is, and then on down to CA to be with his father.

Mary (Mom) came through the surgery with flying colors. It turns out her hip and shoulder are damaged (not broken) and it is her leg that is broken. Mike's sister is now with his 93 year old father in CA. Prayers for upcoming talks and arrangements are well as Mary's continued healing. As it doesn't appear that the kids and I can be of help, our plan as of this a.m. is to stay in Japan.

Seoul - my plans are to arrive in Seoul on Tuesday, as planned. "Do the next thing" is our family motto. I think a new one should be "Beware of making plans!" ::snort::

Thanks for your prayers,
Choosing Joy!
©2010 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...


homeschool101 said...

Continue to hold you up. Thanks for the update! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sis: Again, thanks for the update. Cute..... "beware of making plans!" For sure the best made plans are all to often broken or messed up.

Hope Mike/Rebecca somehow find themselves getting stuff done faster than they expect.

We do wish you and the kids could have been here to help. Wish there was more I could do.

praying -- Mom T.

Unknown said...

If Mike is able to leave the airport we'd be happy to bring him to our house, 15 miles away from Philly International. He could feed him, let him rest and bring him back in time for his flight out.
Laura J.

Julie Zesch said...

Praying here, DeEtta.
Blessings to your family.

Michelle said...

Praying here, De'Etta!

Darshia said...

Continuing prayer.