The day began bright and early with an 0400 ministry conference call. Followed by an 0630 Skype call/prayer meeting. Followed by an hour of chat with a ministry partner.
It's SNOWING! Can you believe it? The kids are ecstatic. They assumed, as I was praying it wouldn't snow, that it wouldn't. ::snort:: I told them God liked their prayer better than mine. Michael asked me to drive to the post office this afternoon. We had a notice there was a package waiting.
Look what arrived! Plenty of time to enjoy it this season.
I fell asleep for an hour. Then made a quick dinner of chili, cheese wraps, salad and fruit.
Akikosan came over tonight. God is good to remind me programs and initiatives may change but the bottom line remains people. When life gets a bit uncertain I'm still called to love God and love others. I don't need a fancy framework to obey that one. ::grin::
I've been considering the following quotes I read in, "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God," by Lysa Terkeurst. Lysa suggests five questions for consideration when trying to determine if what you are "hearing" is from God. She calls it the Five Question Filter.
- Does what I'm hearing line up with Scripture?
- Is it consistent with God's character?
- Is it being confirmed through messages I'm hearing at church or studying in my quiet times?
- Is it beyond me?
- Would it please God?
Lysa seeks communication with God by asking for desire, discipline, discernment, direction, and delight.
- Desire to want God more than anything else
- Discernment to know the difference between my own thoughts and God's voice
- Direction at each crossroad in my life
- Delight rather than a sense of duty to characterize my relationship with God
We continue to pray about our future ministry after retiring from the Air Force. We aren't sure how things will pan out; much to consider. I am sure, however, every thought we're having is quite far beyond us. LOL
Living all of life before the face of God...