I found this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie. HER photos are beautiful. She says these taste like a Dove bar. I don't know. It did make a dark chocolate/bitter bar....and I could have used the agave to sweeten it up - but I've sworn off sugars. I'm not sure if the stevia I used gave it a bitter taste or if it's just that it doesn't have sugars.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
- NuNaturals vanilla stevia drops to taste (If you'd prefer to use a liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup, use this ratio instead: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 3 tbsp of your liquid sweetener.)
- optional extracts, cocoa nibs, or other add-ins
- optional 1 extra tbsp oil or water, if it needs to be thinner
InstructionsCombine coconut oil with the liquid sweetener or stevia drops. (For the stevia version, I recommend NuNaturals because I find other brands to have an aftertaste.)
Stir, then add the cacao powder. Stir stir stir! Stir until it gets thick.
Pour into any flat container (or candy molds or smush between layers of wax paper or in ziploc bags).
Freeze until solid, and store in the freezer.
Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce.