Before I move on from Fish Camp 23 I spent the morning doing a bit of journaling. Our adult children bless us lavishly. We are so thankful to be near them and able to do a bit of life with them. Here are some random thoughts and memories which didn't make it into the blog posts from camp...either because I didn't have a photo or was too tired to keep documenting. LOL
- Benny informed me, "Papa is a pro human." As we talked, he went on to say, "He knows pretty much everything or lots of things. He's not Jesus, but he's a lot like Jesus." What sweet words. I'm pretty impressed by Michael's designation as a pro human and one who is a "lot like Jesus."
- Our kids bless us lavishly. The girls each took turns cooking the communal dinner. They made sure we had the number of fish we wanted. They pack trailers and mow lawns, watch GG at home...we are blessed beyond our imagining.
- If one talks with everyone on the beach, one may end with a picture in the ADN.
- One morning Michael came out of the back bedroom with my "Let your Light Shine" shirt tucked into his jeans. It was an unforgettable moment of levity. I pointed out he was wearing my shirt. He said this shirt was where he left his clothes the night before. I told him I was SURE it was my shirt. He took a look and promptly agreed. LOL
- Evidently some feel twerking at 2 a.m. doesn't violate a 10 - 7 Quiet Hour campground rule, but children laughing in a site at 7:30 a.m. is a horrible offense. Grow up. And you're far too old to be twerking. Same thoughts with drunk singing and load 80's music at 2:00 a.m. Pretty much I don't want to hear anything at 2 a.m. LOL
- Heard from the tent - Charles - "Say Good Morning!" as the sun comes up at 3 a.m. Cory, "No, Charles, Say good night." ::snort::
- "Good MORNING BeNNy!" "Good MORNING DaNNy!" Charles has the happy morning greeting down. LOL
- Danny's protection of my phone is priceless....every phone with a red case must be snatched while calling, "BaCHANS's phone" and given to Bachan.
- Beware of a group of 20's who rent an extra site for games...make note to suggest a number for after hour calls be posted...or a camp host easily accessible for calls if an in-person suggestion doesn't alleviate the levity.
- Next year we should try REALLY HARD to make it to Nikiski Pool - on a day other than Monday. This summer open swim began at noon. We can get 2 pieces of pizza for $5 at Charlie's Angel pizza.
- Dip Netting is a lot of work. I love how we have settled into a tradition which focus' on not only salmon but strengthening connections and having fun together. I love the friends who have joined us through the years...Willy, various friends of the kids, Danny and Krista...