- Phone messages of support at Doubletrees
- 14 free Doubletree cookies
- 3 offers of homes in the Seattle area (I've decided to go to OR and wait this out).
- Home to stay in in OR
- Offer for the title of a truck for the boys to drive to TX.....they have a car in OR so we wouldn't have felt right taking the truck...but what a generous offer.
- Offers of assistance in a variety of ways.
- Favorite games given to children before we even realized the games were missing.
- Cash to help us begin to cover expenses of hotels, replacing clothes, documents etc. This was a costly mistake in many ways.
- Police report in hand to fax to various spots.
- Contact numbers and people for me as I work through the issues...and the TIME for Mike to compile all the contacts from slips of hotel stationary into one list before he leaves.
Fun Moments in the Adventure:
- Everyone at Doubletree recognized us....fellow guests seemed to think our misfortune may rub off and kept a protective bubble around us, employees gave us free cookies.
- Driving downtown Seattle EMT workers stopped us and asked if we were that family, wished us well and encouraged us....
- In the same are of Seattle a man who owns a gourmet popcorn store ran up and gave us two big bags. (Yes, the cookies and popcorn were lunch).
- We got to see the E family again...and Kathy blessed me with a Bible whose text I can see. ::snort::
- Yep, it's a bit unnerving with folks recognizing us....but also heartening for so many to express their sorrow over this happening in their city. I guess big cities aren't ALL crime and such. ::snort:: Seattle may become my favorite dreamed of big city again...in time.
Here are links to the latest news clips if you aren't tired of seeing our van, our feet and our mugging. ::snort:: King 5 has a great shot of Zander with his Bible (I thought it was Stacia's that was left). KOMONews had a feet fascination. ::grin:: We've not been able to watch clips, so remember that things CAN be taken out of context if something whacky is said. ::snort:: BTW Elisa and Eric (news reporters) were both fantastic to work with and we appreciate their help in trying to recover our stolen items.
~ Coram Deo ~
Living all of life before the face of God...