Geo Coordinates will get you to the general area N 41* 25.802 E 141* 27.707
This was the site of our very first adventure. We took off on Rte 338 to find "Shipwreck Beach". We'd been told it was "up Hwy 338" - so we kept driving, along stunning scenery and rocky cliffs....and never found Shipwreck Beach - but we found Cape Shiriya and the Kandachime wild horses.
We've gone back several times for the view, the horses, to geo-cache....it's a fun spot. Tip: take a map and leave before dark to find your way home....remember south and east and you'll eventually find Misawa. ::grin:: Search the blog for more posts about Cape Shiriya. There are several.
- Go out POL Gate
- Take left at first light
- Turn left at 2nd light at Circle K
- This intersects with Rte 338 - turn left and head north on 338 for approx 74 km
- You will by the nuclear plant and along the rockly coastline of Higashidori
- Distance may be a bit off as they have built a detour around Higashidori and other small towns
- After 74 km turn RIGHT on route 248...Look for signs to Shiriyazaki or Cape Shiriya - follow signs
- After 14.5 km turn LEFT onto route 172.
- Follow route 172 for 3.1 km and turn right.
- You'll travel around the northern cost of Honshua
- You'll go past a BIG mill
- After approx 8.8 kim turn LEFT to enter the Kandachime Horse reserve/ Shiriya Lightouse.
Living all of life before the face of God...