- License Plate Game
- ABC Game (find the letters)
- I spy
- Audio Books
- Set $ amount each a.m. for treats at gas stations (but this was before we changed our eating plan and before we had 9 children - back when we had 4 and .25 each would buy a nice treat).
- Atlas to highlight as we travel
- Backpack with markers, coloring sheets
- Cheap $ store toys and activities to add to backpack each day when needed
- Carrot sticks are great traveling snacks
- Dried apples are great traveling snacks
- When we are organized we've found picnic lunches at rest areas are a great break on a long travel day....when we aren't the Golden Arches serve the same purpose
- Slug Bug (but this can get out of hand)
- Leave early in the a.m. to have time to swim at night
What about you? Do you have some tips for eating on the road? What about non-messy snacks? What do you do to make the hours go faster? What are some of your favorite audio books for travel? What else can we do to make the thousands of miles on the road a fun family memory to be cherished and not simply an evil to endure? Do you have a top 10 list of things to avoid on a road trip with children? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Write a post (or link on you've written in the past), come back and sign Mr. Linky so we can all read your thoughts.
Super Size Saturday Archives/Purpose
~ Coram Deo ~
Living all of life before the face of God...