*This is another go-to Wednesday night meal. LOL The original recipe is here. I dump spices in.
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
16 oz whole wheat elbow macaroni, dry
2 C chicken or veggie broth
1 T Franks Red Hot (I subbed salsa)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley flakes
28 oz can diced tomato (I used Rotel tomato and chili)
2 T tomato paste (I was out and used ketchup)
small - med onion (my addition)
salt and pepper to taste
Press saute and add ground beef, oregano, parsley, onion and garlic.
Cook until the meat is no longer pink and is crumbling.
Add all other ingredients except the cheese, give it a good stir.
Close the Instant Pot valve, press manual and cook for 4 minutes.
Quick release when it beeps.
Stir in cheese and stir to melt.
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Cheeseburger Macaroni (Instant Pot)
Joyfully Penned by DeEtta @ Courageous Joy at 9:54 PM 0 Gracious thoughts
"Fresh" Berry Compote - Instant Pot
1 lb strawberries
1 lb blueberries
1/4 C sugar
2 t lemon or orange juice
Optional add ins:
Put fruit in bowl and cover with sugar. Let sit for 20 min.
Add lemon juice.
Set Instant Pot for manual/high - 1 min.
When it beeps; allow a 15 min natural release.
It will thicken some as it cools. I did simmer and add cornstarch the first time.
1. I use frozen fruit if I don't have fresh. . If you thaw the fruit and drain off some liquid first it works best.
2. If you have too much liquid, I simmer with a bit of cornstarch.
3. I mistakenly put 2 T of lemon juice in this batch and I liked it better.
4. Yes, it can be simmered on a stove instead of pressure cooked. Takes about 20 min, stir OFTEN. IP doesn't save time here - it allows me to walk off. LOL
4. Yes, any berry or stone fruit could be used.....I'm going to try strawberries and a couple of bananas next - omit the sugar. I must often use a lb of mixed berries and a lb of blueberries.
Joyfully Penned by DeEtta @ Courageous Joy at 7:09 PM 0 Gracious thoughts
Chicken Tacos - Instant Pot
I have found this to be a great Wednesday night or busy night meal.
2 lb of Chicken
1/4 C Ranch dip mix
1/4 C Taco Seasoning
16 oz Salsa
Desired toppings, tortillas, taco shells etc.
Click Saute on the Instant Pot and heat to hot.
Add chicken and saute. Remove chicken and shred. Add back to Instant Pot.
Add the next three ingredients.
Click Poultry setting and walk away. Takes about 15 min.
Quick release the pressure, add your toppings and eat.
*NOTE to speed things along by keeping the pot warm, I leave the pot on saute, add the other ingredients and let them begin to simmer - while I shred the chicken. Then I add the chicken. Turn the pot off and turn it back on by clicking the poultry setting.
Joyfully Penned by DeEtta @ Courageous Joy at 10:31 AM 0 Gracious thoughts
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)