Saturday, March 14, 2009
It appears that the previous owners of this home wired the stove directly into the wall. In other words, there was no plug in. IF we'd have had an inspector who was ON HIS TOES when we moved in this would not have passed. Mike fixed this today.
Later, I discover that she is painting one of ZANDER'S tigers. ::sigh::
The kids and I are reading library books, watching documentaries and surfing websites.....here are some of our random discoveries from today:
- It is RUDE to tip in Japan. (De'Etta tips 20%; Mike is thrilled to hear this piece of culture).
- Kim tells me that she pays $4 for 3 apples in Tokyo - but they're bigger than we get here.
- Kim told us that honeydews go for $100 (first she said watermelon and that was truly alarming).
- It is 5,978 miles from Josiah's apartment to Misawa.
- It is 4,487 miles from EBC to Misawa.
- It was 6,915 miles from EBC to Davao City, Philippines.
- This is the first "Homeschooling in Japan" website I found...I haven't a clue what it says but it makes me smile BIG to stare at it. We are very excited for this Asian Adventure!
Oh, oh. Zander just asked Mike, "Dad, will I ever see Everson again after we go to Japan?" I better go...