We've learned on life's journeys there are often surprise detours - which we've come to call plot twists. We are not in Japan, we ARE making the most of travel and family time.
This week we had a plot twist....Mom G's doc wanted to meet with family. We rearranged our Oregon/Texas travel plans and Michael and I made a quick detour to Crescent City. The kids stayed in Eugene and had a great time with their sisters.
We had a wonderful visit - and Mom G encouraged us to take a walk. We walked down to Stout Grove in Jedediah Smith Redwood Park.
|Can you make out the cable in the right/top of photo?|
|Old Cable car across the river|
Somehow, walking amongst these giant Redwoods helps to put life into perspective.
Yes, we're a bit sad to curtail our exploration of new areas....but there are a lot of great things about being in the area with Mom G.
- We get the time to record Mom G's stories
- We will have a summer and fall on the Smith River
- The Pacific Ocean is 10 miles away
- We love to volunteer
- Stacia has been saying for months she wanted to spend her birthday with Grandma G as she hasn't done that before. We had summer employment plans which have made this impossible. She will get to spend her birthday with Grandma Mary.
- We'll get to visit with Dave and Hope
- We'll have the opportunity to meet people in the community
- Walks in the Redwoods are always good
- There are a zillion of hikes we've wanted to take in the area - but we're always passing through
Yes, still playing the boo/yay game. ::snort::