Vision Summit is a few days each winter when the International PWOCI board, the joint council (includes Regional Presidents) and Regional Vice Presidents meet to share vision, pray, fellowship and TRAIN. This is like WILD (Leadership Development Weekends we do each year at the local level) for regional leadership. Great stuff this year.....
We met with each other, with GOD and with our Chaplains. I was at the Airlie Conference center and that is what I was doing. ::grin:: I came a couple of days early to avoid jet lag - and visited with Susane. I had a 15 hour layover and was met by cyber friends become real life friends for dinner and the night.
I left equipped and refreshed - with several new taskings on my plate.
Here are some random thoughts:
- At Asia's WILD 2011 I spoke about Following the Heart of our King. I shared a quote from Black Douglas, "Forward brave-heart as ever you were wont to do and Douglas will follow the heart of the King." I've thought about that a lot these past few months. Forward...following wherever my King would lead....FORWARD with BRAVERY....intentionally, joyously following wherever He may lead.... I believe I met with a group of leaders this week whose very heart is to follow the heart of the King as well. It was good.
- I was in my zone, thinking and praying, and nearly boarded a flight for LA instead of DFW. Thankful for a gate clerk who really looked at my boarding pass.
- This from Michael's Facebook wall, "Well, we had our obligatory "De'Etta's traveling" earthquake. It was 5.6 and located nt too far away from us. Off the coast and north of Morioka and a little south of us. It did rattle things a bit."
- Met up with two friends and delighted as Kristin rearranged the plane so we could sit together. "This is my friend and she is going to Japan and I won't see her for at least a year. We haven't had time to talk."
- I had a 15 hour layover in Dallas. Thinking the boys would have to work Monday.....instead I met these gals... I spent the night with Gilda (2nd from left). We've known each other on Facebook, and a homeschool yahoo group.....now Merri, Gilda, Jen and myself met at Olive Gardens! Ladies, if you're ever in Asia, drop by.
|The moment Cyber Friends become Real Life Friends|
- I'm becoming quite an old hand at navigating through the Japanese travel system.
- In Tokyo they were announcing planes returning from the North. I called Michael and he assured me it was NOT snowing in Misawa.
- Mid-way to Misawa the pilot came on and said, "We may have to return to Tokyo due to snow storms." I promptly fell asleep and woke when we touched down. I wasn't 100% sure where I was.....but was HOME.
- The storm began 10 min after our plane landed. Thank you, Jesus.
Living all of life before the face of God...