I'm flying again in 5 days. Of course, we all began to remember my recent trips and wonder what would happen this time....then prayed it through and shook off the feeling.
Jared has been sick. He emailed on Sunday it was the first time for him to be sick without me nearby to take care of him - and I thought of buying a ticket. He went to the college clinic days ago and they said, "You have some sort of infection. Take these and wait a couple of days."
Yesterday, Josiah took him the UCC as his fever was 102. They gave him meds and told him he had an infection. Last night Michael and I couldn't sleep and saw Jared had said he had a 104.5 fever. Kept praying.
Josiah got home from work and found Jared's fever was 106. He took him to the ER. He called our family friends,Steve and Debbie, and they met them at the hospital. Debbie works at the base's clinic and knows the tri-care/med procedures well.
She, Josiah and Shelby just called. The doctor has admitted him. He will be in at least 3 days. He is getting breathing treatments. He has pneumonia. The official word is he's, "One sick boy." The message we received is we will need to fly home to "make decisions" if he isn't improving within 24 hours. I expect him to improve!
Josiah just messaged to send me this photo. He was getting treatments and his heart rate was over 200...and he had a message for Mom.
|He doesn't appreciate tubes in his nose|
"Tell Mom I'm wearing clean underwear."
They are settling him into a room. I waited on hold for over 37 min and then decided to leave my number for them to call if anything changes. They're busy.
Specific Prayer Requests:
- Jared's fever and symptoms respond to the meds
- Jared is at peace about work and missing classes
- We're at peace that God has this - though we're here
Living all of life before the face of God...