In fact the Gherkins and I have been fairly well stuck in the house. It's been a snowy, icy week and the Gherkins mounted an insurrection. They let Michael know they don't want me driving on the roads and they don't want to ride with me either. ::snort:: I'm a kept woman, totally dependent on a man to drive me around....yeah - OK - I'll let them get used to being STUCK in the home for another week (while I'm in VA) and then I bet they'll be ready to take their chances with me again.
Worked GREAT for me. Michael drove us in on Tuesday and we did PWOC, meetings, hair cuts and Bible studies...and we were HOME the rest of the week. I love home.
We baked. We cooked. We got 3 weeks of school done in 3 days of school - how's THAT for child labor? ::snort:: I missed two events I really wanted to be at...but as I'm gearing up to be gone all this week - it was NICE to be grounded.
|All this staying at home is hard work!|
I know - I can hear the question...."If you were SITTING at home - WHY didn't you blog?" ::grin:: Well.....read above - 3 weeks of school with the younger set in 3 DAYS of school...gives me great peace as I travel. They'll do table school and we'll be fine with couch school.
- I updated our PWOC regional blog and moved it to blogspot.
- I deleted thousands and thousands of emails from the yahoo group which was the main forum of Asia Region Board discussion from 2009-2011.
- I added new board members to the yahoo list.
- I hosted a Skype with Asia Region's presidents
- Interviewed a new board member
- Had several other regional ministry Skypes.....
- Waded through email traffic you wouldn't believe
- Sent in an International blog post
- Collected, edited and sent in Conference testimonies and photos to PWOCI
- Spent hours creating a Slide and graphic for Asia's TnT (which we didn't use in the end) ::snort::
- Began making sense of 300 Conference evaluations (Conf and Workshop)
- A host of local odds and ends
- Played with kids
- Built a sledding hill
- Made dozens of English muffins
- Continued reading the Word chronologically as well as the New Testament with family and region
- Worked on grading
- Updated Jared's transcript
- Emailed friends
- Wrote a board report for next week's International Board Meeting....and then had to pray through the fear of leaving home after remembering what happened soon after the LAST board meeting. ::snort::
- Walked with Yuuki
Did I mention we did lots of snuggling, reading, schooling and living? And....Oh yeah.....
|Jared got glasses!|
Living all of life before the face of God...