Mary, a fellow MOPS mentor mom, did a superb job at MOPS last week. This year's MOPS International theme is, "Plunge: Love as if your life depended on it." Theme verses are I Peter 4:8-11.
She spoke on taking the plunge into motherhood. Plunges can be refreshing or overwhelming as in drowning. She shared a story from her daughter's "first swim". At our table a couple of us really weren't in the "pre-school SOS" mode and found this applied to us more in other areas. Great thoughts and I don't want to lose them. The take aways were:
- Don't compare yourself to others
- You don't need to go it all alone
- Jump in - don't stay on the sidelines
- Keep paddling
- Don't take your eyes off your Father
During table time I shared how closely these lessons mirrored Stacia's near drowning experience. I added my memory of Michael doing all he could to swim across the pool and reach her, yelling, "Get the Baby!" each time he took a breath. We added a sixth point:
6. Don't forget your Father is doing all he can to get to you and certainly has His eye on you!
These were just so good I wanted to capture them.
Living all of life before the face of God...