Moving to CA was unexpected. I decided to begin listing one reason it IS a good thing each day....our list has grown. I have been posting one item daily on Facebook. Now that we are starting to publish a daily "Lovin Japan" post (and I'm cutting down on Facebook), we've decided to simply post this list all at once on the blog. If we've missed some feel free to share! We want this list to grow. And now we're in the twilight zone - fully embracing what we love here in Japan; reaching forward to where God is moving us next - but wistfully looking back......
- 37 degrees in Misawa - 66 degrees at Beale AFB.
- Closet possible Air Force base to Mom G.
- Lots of Farmer's Markets with fresh produce.
- Sounds like there is a fairly large Japanese community in the area.
- Strawberry fields outside the base gates. Rumors of strawberries year round.
- A home - God has provided a home for us in CA...we will not be spending 3 months in the TLF this move while the Air Force determines what to do with our family.
- Seven short hours to the girls and our family in OR.
- Aero club....1.5 hour flight to Mom G's*
- Saddle Club - though we don't have a horse! Stacia loves horses and is excited about this.
- Libraries with many English books.
- Sea World is 8 hours away
- 45 minute drive to snow rather than a 45 minute drive IN snow to get to the nearest "big city"
- Grand Canyon is 13 hours away
- Beale has an interesting mission
- Nearest Chick Fil A is 53 miles away - 1 hour and 5 min.
- San Francisco Bay Bridge will be lit up at night (guess they aren't worried about cutting the light bill in CA ::snort::). 2 hour and 18 min from our hoped for address.
- Trader Joe's 38 miles (TJ site) or 57 miles (google) from our dreamed of home...I've never been to a Trader Joe's but I've had some yummy chocolate a friend sent. LOL
- Speed limits faster than 20-30 mph on the highway. ::wink::
- Same side of the date line will make phone calls with family and friends easier.
- No ice INSIDE the bathroom windows in CA.
- Yosemite National Park - 4 hours and 40 min from our new home.
- Dental cleanings every SIX months!!!!
- We'll have our very own mailbox - Stacia is very excited about this!
- Beale has a PWOC!
- Beale has a MOPS!
- Whole Food Market - 54 miles away
- Wild turkeys and deer
- Camping appears to be all over in the area
- Las Vegas is 9 hours away
- 50 mph speed limit ON BASE
- 2 sinks in our master bedroom bathroom
- Lake Tahoe is 90 minutes from our home
- America Disney (known as Disneyland to most kids not to be confused with Tokyo Disney) is 7 hours away
- Six Flags in 2 hours
- Six Flags Discover Kingdom sounds like a blast
- Reno is 2 hours away
- We can reach the ocean in 3 hours (will surely miss our current 3 min drive)
- Train museum in Sacramento
- River rafting
- Skiing at Tahoe
- Snow can be 20 min away in the winter - but not on the streets of Beale
- Surrounded by history - look forward to exploring it
- San Diego is 8 hours away
- Easier access to medical referrals
- 24 hour drive to our family in TX.
- 12 hour drive to family in CO.
- U pick farms
- Children's Museum
- Jelly Belly Factory
*Refers to number 9. Aero Club - I was commenting to Stacia that I wasn't sure why she was so excited about a saddle club when we don't own a horse.
Stacia: Well, Zander is really excited about the aero club.
Me: (Surprised and pleased as I envision father/son bonding) Really? I didn't know that.
Stacia: Yeah, since he got the bow and arrows he is really excited there will be an aero club!
Living all of life before the face of God...