1 lb strawberries
1 lb blueberries
1/4 C sugar
2 t lemon or orange juice
Optional add ins:
Put fruit in bowl and cover with sugar. Let sit for 20 min.
Add lemon juice.
Set Instant Pot for manual/high - 1 min.
When it beeps; allow a 15 min natural release.
It will thicken some as it cools. I did simmer and add cornstarch the first time.
1. I use frozen fruit if I don't have fresh. . If you thaw the fruit and drain off some liquid first it works best.
2. If you have too much liquid, I simmer with a bit of cornstarch.
3. I mistakenly put 2 T of lemon juice in this batch and I liked it better.
4. Yes, it can be simmered on a stove instead of pressure cooked. Takes about 20 min, stir OFTEN. IP doesn't save time here - it allows me to walk off. LOL
4. Yes, any berry or stone fruit could be used.....I'm going to try strawberries and a couple of bananas next - omit the sugar. I must often use a lb of mixed berries and a lb of blueberries.
Post a Comment