I found this recipe at My Plant Based Family. I love it as I can make one meal for all of us.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked dry beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste (or 1 8 oz can tomato sauce with slightly less water)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Dump all of the ingredients into your pressure cooker and stir once or twice.
- Close the lid and cook on manual for 28 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pressure to come down and open carefully. If you are in a hurry you can do a quick release.
- If you use a different bean you may need to adjust cooking times
- This makes a side dish, topped with tomatoes and avocado it makes a yummy rice bowl, or throw it in a tortilla for a burrito.....family adds cheese and we're all good to go with a nutritious, quick meal.