Geo Coordinates to the big parking area N 40* 58.048 E 141* 13.312
Geo Coordinates to the ship wrecks N 40* 57.292 E 141* 12.794
Great place for a picnic, a beach stroll, to hunt for sea glass and to find glass floats (we've found six big ones).
- Turn left at first stop light out POL Gate (heading to Hwy 338).
- Proceed to Circle K (on right at 2nd stop light). (18.8 Km from our home)
- Turn left (north) at Circle K.
- Continue on this road until it intersects with Hwy 338 - Turn left (north)
- Continue on Hwy 338 until you reach Circle K on the left at a stop light (27 klicks from our house).
- Turn left on Hwy 5 - follow it until it T's with hwy 279 on Mutsu Bay (you'll pass the old Hwy 279)
- Turn right (north) on Hwy 279 - pass through several small villages
- Look for a large green fence on the left with big piles of white shells (note construction is done - think fence is gone too).
- Turn left directly after the fence to walk down to ships or....
- Proceed to a dirt parking area on the right, directly before Hwy 279 crosses the rail road tracks. This is a safe spot to park and is a nice walk to the ships (head left after you get to the beach).
Living all of life before the face of God...