I bought more Kale and tried this salad today. This is from Oh She Glows, and yes it is vegan - nearly nutritarian if it didn't have oil. The "sauce" is wonderful. I think I will make some, massage the Kale and then make chips with them in the next day or two.
Yield: 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings
- 4 cups (packed) torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 tbsp hemp, flax, or avocado oil (or use extra virgin olive oil in a pinch)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup, or to taste
- Herbamare (or sea salt) and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 radish, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 large avocado, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- handful pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds
1. Tear leaves off kale stems and discard stems. You can save the stems for juicing or blending if you wish. Break leaves into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly.
2. Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle on the dressing ingredients (oil, lemon, maple syrup). With your hands, “massage” the dressing into the kale until all leaves are coated. Sprinkle on Herbamare (or sea salt) and a touch of cayenne pepper if desired.
3. While the salad marinates, chop the vegetables. Mix into kale and serve, topped with hemp seeds if you desire.
Isn't it lovely. I didn't have radishes, I added carrots and artichokes. I still find Kale very filling so we had two salads and a left over.
Living all of life before the face of God...