Why WOULD I call Him Lord and not obey? It seems silly. I've done it. Why?
- Pride - I want to do things my way!
- Lack of discipleship - I don't KNOW what Jesus asks me to do.
- Hypocrisy - I LIKE my way, but I want it to look like I'm obeying Jesus.
- Fear - I'm not sure following Jesus is worth the price it may cost me.
- It will be difficult to obey if I have a false view of Jesus.
- I don't know HOW to follow.
- I can't recognize Jesus' actions in my every day life.
- I've spent more time listening to the voices of others than I've spent listening to Jesus' words.
"Why DO you call me Lord and do not do what I say?" It's a good question to contemplate. Am I calling Jesus Lord while refusing to obey? Why am I doing this? Why have I done this in the past? Why are those around me doing this? Do I have any responsibility to help others know the answers to some of these questions?
Living all of life before the face of God...