- 1 onion, diced
- 1 t minced garlic - (used WAY more)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- a dash of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 T flax or chia seed (opt - adds nutrition)
- 2 C non dairy milk - or 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
Garnish with cheese, green onions, "unparmesan cheese"
- Press Saute on Instant Pot. Add onion, garlic and olive oil. Stir while sauteing for 3-4 minutes. Do not walk away or this will burn.
- Add chicken broth, vegetables and spices/seasonings. Stir. Place lid on pot, press soup button and set minutes to 10. (It takes about 10 to come to pressure and then cooks for 10 minutes.)
- When beeps, do a quick pressure release. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and milk. Insert an immersion blender and run on short bursts until a creamy consistency that you like, but make sure to leave chunks of potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Makes 8 cups of creamy, comforting potato soup.
Living all of life before the face of God...