One week a month we had Japan 101. We had a children's program with a variety of learning centers. Even our pre-school/ toddler crew enjoyed Japanese crafts and videos. For the adults there were hand outs and a panel discussion. This format was fun and beneficial for newcomers as well as those of us who had been in country a while. It gave us the chance to sit and share the great things there are to do around here. We discovered that doing this in June and July may not be the best option. August and September would probably be better....giving newcomers a chance to settle in to a home.
One week a month we went off base and searched for adventures as a group. This was GREAT and showed how truly easy it is to find fun and adventure in Misawa.
The final week each month was Breakfast and Prayer. Tuesday PWOC had Breakfast and Prayer. Tara, our Spiritual life Chair, has done a great job of changing up these breakfasts each month. This month, after breakfast and corporate prayer, we participated in a prayer walk. We put various prompts and prayer focus' around the room. The women came in and went through the walk at their own pace. This was a wonderful way to incorporate individual prayer in our group setting.
Personal confession and forgiveness
Cross, suffering, redemption
Salvation of unsaved friends and loved ones
At this wall we wrote prayer needs and promises/ encouragement from the Word
Below I've captured the promises/Scriptures to share. Several really ministered to me as we cleaned up - I have several sticky notes in my Bible and thought it would be fun to create a virtual sticky note.
- God's peace which passes all understanding Phil 4:7-8 (x3)
- Do not let your heart be troubled, believe in God, believe also in Me Jn 14:1
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord Col 3:23
- Effective prayers of a righteous "woman" can accomplish much James 5:16
- I am with you to the ends of the earth
- My sheep know my voice; they will not follow a stranger Jn 10:4, 5
- Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Heb 11:1
- The joy of the Lord is our strength
- All things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose
- Wisdom - James 1:5
- The prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick James 5:14 - 15
- The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the sou! Psalm 19:7
- Lord you search and know me.
- Our momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond our comprehension - 2 Cor 4:17
- We have received a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude Heb 12:27
- I will never leave you nor forsake you Joshua 1:5
- Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Lord, you have been our dwelling place through all generations Ps 70
- How great are you O sovereign Lord! There is no one like you and there is no God but you as we have heard with our own ears. 2 Sam 7:22
- Prayer - To bring glory to God in all that we do - I Cor 10:31
- He has more than enough for me
- I Peter 3:1-4 - Wives be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of thier wives, be chaste, respectful, clothed with the hidden person of the heart, with imperishable beauty of a gentle, quiet spirit.
Living all of life before the face of God...