There are various kinds of walking.....
|Times to leisurely share life|
|Times to power-walk alone|
|Times to share the adventure together|
I've been thinking about walking since January, when my husband shared this year's chapel vision of Walking Worthy. In the Bible walking signifies the continual HABIT of our lives. The daily pattern. Yesterday, we saw a list - a challenging list - which would insure we walk worthy. Today, in Ephesians 5, Paul adds various new walks to our walking worthy list.
To Walk Worthy, we will.....
- Walk in Love (verse 1 - 8)
- Agape (Strongs #26) involves a choice of the will, is sacrificial and always looking for the best of the loved one
- Immorality has no part in my life
- Impurity must not be in my life
- Greed must not have a place in my life
- Walk in Light (verse 6-14)
- Please the Lord
- Expose darkness
- Walk in Wisdom (verse 15-20)
- Make the most of your TIME
- Understand the will of the Lord
- Keep being filled with the Holy Spirit
- Walk in Submission (21 - 33)
- We submit to one another (21)
- Wives submit to their own husbands and show this attitude through respecting their husbands (22-24)
- Husbands submit by sacrificially loving their wives as Christ loved the church (25-33)
- Children submit by obeying and honoring parents (6:1-4)
- Slaves/employees submit by rendering good service to the Lord (6:5-8)
- Masters/employers submit by realizing God is their master and acting accordingly (6:9)
Paul weaves one topic to another. How I would have loved to hear an oral delivery. I wonder if he remembered to make the first 25 words count? He certainly anchors his topic in my life. ::grin::
How are you doing? Do you find one type of walk (from yesterday's list and today's) easier than the others? Which walk is Abba Father encouraging you to embrace more fully? Do you hear His still small voice? Do you need to silence other voices so you CAN hear His still small voice?
Love you and loving our walk together!
Living all of life before the face of God...